Friday, January 07, 2005

Brown boots and the plague

I left the house this morning in relative darkness, pulling on my favorite black boots next to the basement steps where I usually leave my shoes at the end of the day. As I walked from the dark parking lot into the bright lights of my office building, I looked down at my feet. Well, damn. Apparently, I pulled on my favorite brown boots, which are exactly like my favorite black boots. I'm wearing black pants and a hot pink sweater. I think the hot pink/chocolate brown color combo is vogue right now, but I do not think this outfit comes even close to being vogue.

To make matters worse, before heading up to my office, I went to the basement cafeteria to get a big, icey fountain diet coke. Well, apparently Indianapolis is under some kind of boil water advisory today, and the cafeteria isn't serving ice or fountain coke OR coffee! Damn again! So I buy a bottled diet coke, head upstairs, and hit our office ice machine. There's a note on the door - DO NOT USE THIS ICE!!. This is just way too inconvenient for me today. Do you think that if I dig ice out from the bottom of the machine, I'll be safe from whatever parasitic nasties may be infiltrating the water supply around here? I really, really want an icey diet coke. More so, even, than I want to change my boots.