Thursday, January 20, 2005

Cherries in the Glow

When I was in undergrad, I had a back-up plan for my career. It was a pretty crappy back-up plan, but as an anthropology major, any back-up plan was necessary. Here are three jobs I decided I would be good at (keeping in mind that this was 10+ years ago):

1. Teletyper. I'm not sure how you get this gig, but I type really fast and would love to come up with the schmucky comments for background music and extraneous noises.
2. The girl that rode the Colt's horse into the endzone when they scored at a home game. They don' t do this anymore, but at the time it would have been a sweet weekend job. Yes, I realize that my thighs would have likely precluded me from the gig, but this is a back-up plan and getting this job was about as likely as getting an anthropology-related position out of undergrad.
3. The person who names cosmetics colors. I would seriously be really good at this. I sort of have a thing for lipsticks. Having a lot of them - most very similar in color, and none too flashy - makes me happy. I just looked in my purse, and I currently have the following colors: Diva, Love Potion, Brick Rose, No. 715, Plum Wet (my very favorite ever), Cherries in the Glow, Raisin Glow, and Wine Duet. Yes, I have all of these in my bag today, but I'm only wearing Diva. Give me any color make-up, and I can give you a cool, marketable name.

Well, neither my anthropology degree nor any part of my back-up plan worked out (surprise, surprise). I don't have a back-up plan for a law degree. I better not need a back-up plan at this point. However, a comment by Kelly to my last post got me thinking...

I would be really good at writing fortunes for fortune cookies. I wonder how much that gig pays...