Monday, January 24, 2005

Happy Monday

According to some people, today - January 24th - is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year. It's pretty damn ominous to pick out a day and suggest that normal people are likely to be more depressed than usual, if you ask me. And besides - it is the middle of winter. We're supposed to be depressed.

Luckily, I did not succumb to psychosomatic depression when I read the story. It was sunny today, and I got to wear my fun pink sunglasses. Also, I got to leave the office this afternoon and deliver some documents to a judge living in a gated community, giving me a close-up look at a house so magnificent that I almost got lost in the driveway looking for the right wing. But surprisingly, I did not get lost looking for the community itself, and it was a good day to take a drive out of the city and rock out to Jimmy Buffett. In other good news of the day, the back crick seems to be on the mend (or at least being masked by better meds), the school cafeteria had my favorite soup - tomato florentine, I got invited to a very fun Oscars party with pajama attire, and just in case it snows any time soon and my car is outside, I have a brand spankin' new ice scraper thanks to someone thoughtful enough to realize that my old one sucked pretty bad.

Yep, those bloody brits didn't even come close to ruining my cheery day!