Saturday, January 08, 2005

Jackin' around and avoiding snow

Who knew it was going to snow again?! It is fabulously beautiful outside. We got the kind of snow last night that lays like a fluffy blanket of cotton balls across every surface. I put Milo out back at the crack of dawn, and he hopped across the yard like a rabbit, making big puffs of white fluff explode with every leap. He loves it. I'd rather stay inside and continue to avoid going out and shoveling my drive and walk. I noticed my neighbor, who is retired and an owner of some kind of super snowblower, had his drive and walks done by 6:00am. He woke me up as he promptly stopped at the property line and turned back rather than push that sucker 20 more feet across my walkways. Thanks a bunch, neighbor man! Single chic next door with only a shovel here! This is the same dude that watched me struggle with a ladder trying to clean the gutters in the fall, and did not walk across the yard and offer assistance in holding the unsteady ladder. Either he's just a jackass, or my feeble attempts at these novel tasks amuse him greatly. Anyhow, around here, if you don't shovel the walks, dog walkers get pissed. I don't want that. Their dogs are bigger than mine.

So speaking of dogs, I've been jacking around with the blog this morning. I figured out how to add pics, and added the not-so-good one of my favorite little monster. I really wanted to add a very cute "anime me" pic to my profile that Kelly P. did for me and swears by the likeness, but I am at a loss with this tech crap! It's certainly not my forte.

Today is the first Saturday since Thanksgiving that I have not had to study for final exams or fulfill some family holiday obligation. I may stay in my pajamas for quite some time and continue to get all buzzy on mocha.