Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Random thoughts in no particular order

1. I've put a new spin on turning 32. It's really just the 4th annual celebration of my 29th birthday.

2. The place that I go to get coffee when the line at Starbucks is long enough to make me excessively late finally pulled the pumpkin spice cappuccino. I loved the stuff, but this isn't such a bad thing seeing how the pumpkin spice was loaded. I can now return to my guilt-free venti fat-free sugar-free vanilla latte extra hot.

3. Am I the only one that gets completely creeped out by the new show Medium? I am a huge fan of crime shows, homicide shows (especially the documentary-style ones when they show the murder scenes and autopsy photos. Sick, I know), and all things Law & Order and CSI. However, ghosts and spirits completely scare me. I've watched Medium twice, and it seems to be a really decent show with a decent script. But when I find myself diverting my eyes and going to bed scared of the dark, I think I probably should stick with the ever-present (and almost as scary, just in a different way) reality TV alternative. And yes, The Sixth Sense scared the crap out of me.

4. On that same note, is it just me or are there lots of scary movies out right now? I saw previews for Boogeyman, which looks really horribly nightmare-inducing frightening; Hide and Seek, which looks almost as creepy; Constantine, which is double creepy because it stars Keanu Reeves; and Alone in the Dark, some scary video game thing. I hate scary movies, and I don't like the creepy previews, either. I know I'm a chicken-shit, but I don't like to be scared. I hate haunted houses, cellars, things under my bed, cemeteries at night, ouija boards, and sometimes I sleep with a knife. Why in the world would I want to send myself into a full-blown hyperventilating panic attack by watching a scary movie? I'm telling you, I wouldn't.

5. My dog seriously moped around the house for 24 hours after we got back from my parents' place. I think he gets that let-down feeling like after returning from vacation and realizing that your life is really quite boring.

6. Rude behavior: stopping your car and rolling down your window to yell at a traffic cop for preventing you from going forward after you almost hit him because you weren't paying attention.

7. Good behavior: honking your horn at the nasty lady and then rolling down your own window and telling the traffic cop that she's an idiot and to have a nice day.