Friday, February 25, 2005

Rock out with your tooth out!

I heard the following song this morning on the way in to class. It's one of my favorites, and given my current state of affairs, it's rather appropriate today! I've been getting caught up in work and class, but yesterday I had a pretty rough day. First of all, the dress I ordered for the big law prom next weekend arrived, and when I tried it on, I looked like the most heinous, old, mother-of-the-bride, big fat sequined blueberry. Seriously, folks - it was wretched. What idiot buys a formal dress online? Who does that? Me. I do that because I am an idiot who didn't want to take the time to go shopping, but apparently that is exactly what I'll be doing this weekend.

Second, and my most major crisis, is that I am currently walking around in my world with no front tooth. Unless you have ever been in this particular unenviable position, you cannot imagine how much it sucks (and hurts). It doesn't matter what you look like - take out the front tooth and you are hideous. Add in the fact that I've got a mouth-full of stitches all around where my tooth once was, and I'm extra pretty! I'm having some complications from my surgery last week, and my front tooth has been a casualty once again. Anyhow, I'm off to the doctor today to get at least a temporary fix. Until then, I refuse to open my mouth. I'm going to class this morning because I can't afford to miss any more, but I have a note that says "I can't talk." Nice, huh!

So now, here's the song of the day:

Have you ever had one of those days when nothin' goes right
Your wife starts bitchin' 'bout whatever it was she was bitchin' about last night.
So you escape into the bathroom just to sit there on your throne;
but after you finish your business, the toilet paper's gone.

Well it's a great day for me to whoop somebody's ass.
It's a bad day, so you'd better get off my back.
You might get cold-cocked if you cross my path.
'Cause it's a great day for me to whoop somebody's ass.

Well I was runnin' late for work, so I poured some coffee to go.
And just before I had a flat tire, I spilled it all over my clothes.
When the highway patrolman pulled up, I thought that help was on the way.
But when he was the tire tool in my hand, he shot me with pepper spray.

Well it's a great day for me to whoop somebody's ass.
It's a bad day, so you'd better get off my back.
You might get cold-cocked if you cross my path.
'Cause it's a great day for me to whoop somebody's ass.

When I finally made it to work, I was 15 minutes late.
I told my boss about the flat tire, but he fired me anyway.
So here I am in the parking lot just waitin' by his car man.
I'm gonna give him a goodbye present that he never will forget.

Well it's a great day for me to whoop somebody's ass.
It's a bad day, so you'd better get off my back.
You might get cold-cocked if you cross my path.
'Cause it's a great day for me to whoop somebody's ass."
- Paul Thorne from Bob & Tom's Cameltoe album

Well, all bitching aside, things could be much worse and my life is really pretty darn good. I'll get fixed up and back on track soon enough!