Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Back from the living, busy and hungover dead

I know, I know. The two people who read my blog have pointed out my absence as of late. I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, although I did fall off the dancefloor at the law prom after-party. More than once, I'm sure.

All in all, Barrister's Ball was a raving success, as evidenced by comments here, here, here, and here. Everyone looked fabulous and seemed to have a great time. I drank too much wine, temporarily fell of the smoking wagon (captured in a picture from Kelly's camera of me on the dance floor at the after-party with a drink in one hand and a lit cig in the other. Classy, I know), decided to be some kind of crusader of honesty (apparently the drunk Amanda never learned the lesson of "some things are better left unsaid"), lost my camera (no idea how this happened since I was keeping it in the front of my dress all night), and danced until my toes hurt (with a significant number of the law school's male population, and an impressive number of females as well). I was an absolute maniac, indeed! And for your information, my hangover lasted well into Monday. Not even a Gatorade/Excedrine cocktail could cure me, and I have since been questioning the merits of alcohol. A hangover like that is a sure indication that one should probably take a wine hiatus.

Congrats to Kelly P. and Deb on their honors!