Friday, March 25, 2005

Friday Five

Today's five was ganked from Heidi, who ganked it from somewhere else. Thanks, H ~ I just don't have the energy to be original today!

1. What blog, other than your own, do you read the most?
Just Playin, MP&S, and Will Work For Favorable Dicta

2. Are you a gadget person? Do you have the latest thingamajigs and whoozits and geegaws? What sort of gadgets do you own?
I am not a gadget person. I would like to have an iPod, but chances of me actually getting one are slim, at least in the near future. I really don't own any gadgets besides my laptop, but I'm thinking of buying myself a digital camera with printer.

My favorite gadgets: the garbage disposal and the George Foreman Grill.

3. If I gave you $1000 on the condition that you couldn't spend it on something responsible (e.g., bills), or save it, what would you do with the money?
Go to Mexico. Or buy some new furniture. And obviously I would have to buy a new pair of shoes. I also might buy some things for other people, like that new purse that my mom wants but thinks is too expensive, and something not barn- or animal-related for my sister and dad. I like buying stuff for other people. Okay, I just really like to buy stuff, period. I could go through $1000 pretty damn quick.

4. What are your five favorite sitcoms of all time, other than "Seinfeld" and "The Simpsons"?
"Seinfeld" definitely would top my list. I love everything about that show. Other than "Seinfeld", my favorites include:
"Everybody Loves Raymond"
"King of Queens"
"Will and Grace"
"That 70's Show"

5. Organize a film festival based on a theme. Choose a theme and a handful of movies with that theme, and tell us what you've chosen.
I'm not much of a movie buff. I might go with an 80s theme and pick:
"The Breakfast Club"
"Sixteen Candles"
"Pretty in Pink"
"Goonies"
and one of the all-time best 80's movies, "Better Off Dead" *Gee, Ricky, I'm sorry your mom blew up.*

I could also go with a Julia Roberts theme and pick "Pretty Woman," "Sleeping with the Enemy," "Steel Magnolias," "The Pelican Brief," and "Ocean's Eleven."

Or, speaking of "Ocean's Eleven" I could go with a heist theme because I absolutely love all heist movies.

Or I could go with a law theme just so I could pick "To Kill a Mockingbird," "Presumed Innocent," "Liar, Liar," "Primal Fear," and "The Firm."