Friday, March 18, 2005

Fun little monkeys

Went out last night for some St. Patty's day fun to Howl at the Moon with an eclectic group of folks, most of whom didn't know each other until Kelly brought us all together. It was great meeting M@ and Mrs. M@ at http://blog.perilsin3d.com/ and seeing Kevin again, all from the blogging world. And I also met classmates I didn't know I had, and I had fun drinks with KeeKee and Kristin, who I don't get to hang out with enough as it is.

Howl at the Moon is a fun place, but last night's crowd and music left a bit to be desired. I still danced and sang at the top of my lungs and generally acted like a maniac, especially when they played anything by Jimmy Buffett or Billy Joel. And I wasn't even full-on partying because I had to drive home and work early today. But I wore sandals for the first time this season - yes, the ones Milo dragged out of my closet - and that was something to celebrate in itself. And I love live music.

One thing note-worthy at the Moon: There are bathroom attendants, and they sell EVERYTHING. Lotion, gum, Chasers, aspirin, cigs, anti-bacterial gel, perfume... An endless plethora of impulse buys staring you in the face while you wash your hands. Although the attendant in the ladies room looked bored to tears, I thought that it might get interesting to have that job from time to time. Women tend to talk about a lot of drama in bar bathrooms. I know this because I have been one of those women. On the other hand, there is a fine line between interesting and annoying. And drunk women can be incredibly annoying.

I wonder what all they were selling in the men's restroom...