Sunday, March 27, 2005

Shout out to my Peeps

I love Peeps. Some people I know think they are wretched little candy creatures, but I am one of those who loves the Peeps. I especially like the lavender Peep bunnies, but just for the record, I am not a member of the Peep fan club nor have I ever attempted to make some recipe involving Peeps. Anyhow, here are some Peep facts for your entertainment:

* In 1953, it took 27 hours to create one Marshmallow Peep. Today, it takes six minutes.
* As many as 4.2 million MARSHMALLOW PEEPS®, Bunnies, and other shapes are made each day at Just Born's Bethlehem, Pennsylvania factory.
* PEEPS® Chicks and Bunnies come in 5 colors. Yellow Chicks are the most popular, followed by pink, lavender, blue, and white.
* Each Peep has 32 calories (160 calories per five-chick serving) and 0 fat grams.
* According to the Golden Anniversary Survey…Chicks are still the favored PEEPS® shape followed by Bunnies and Snowmen; fans tend to eat 1-5 PEEPS® in a sitting and the most popular way to eat them is fresh.
* People like to do curious things with PEEPS®- eat them stale, microwave them, freeze them, roast them, and use them as a pizza topping.

I would seriously doubt the idea that anyone would use Peeps as a pizza topping, but then again, some people are freaky.