Monday, April 04, 2005

Just checkin'

Hey - is there like some big basketball game on TV right now??

Someone told me today, "Amanda, you're from Indiana. You have to love basketball." It's not that I don't like basketball, I just don't like it as much as I like football. Or baseball. Or brushing my teeth.

If I were at a bar, though - say, Champps - drinkin' cold beer, soakin' up the frenzied atmosphere, makin' bets with the bartenders, cheerin' for whoever is ahead or behind - instead of sitting here 20 minutes away from downtown Indy, then you might swear I love basketball. Really.

I'm shootin' for Illinois tonight.

UPDATE: So I guessed wrong. UNC just won the game by 5. I turned it on with less than two minutes to go. The game was tied. I was hooked. Don't tell me I'm not a basketball fan!! :)