Saturday, April 02, 2005

Saturday in the park...

Well, it's Saturday morning, and today has thus far been more productive than most weekend days as of late. I've been up since about 5:30am, thanks to Milo who apparently felt the need to go outside in the rain. I stayed in bed and watched the news until about 6:30 or so, then got up and began the day. So far, I have done two loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and bathroom, taken Milo on an quick walk around the neighborhood, sorted through the 3 pages of e-mails from yesterday, and gotten a good start on my studying. I am planning on spending the rest of the day working on a case outline for my Freedom of Speech class, and I have a couple of errands to run this afternoon. Maybe. Or maybe I'll just stay here at my desk in my sweats.

About this time each semester, I switch gears from keeping up with weekly reading to looking forward to final exams and getting outlines and such in order for those finals. I find myself this semester in the unenviable position of having 5 final exams. Unbelievable, really. When I put my schedule together, I felt I had no other choice, but now I wonder if there was something I could have done to avoid this pressure. Three of the five are sure to be incredibly difficult, and I have a lot of catching up to do with the material before I even begin the larger task of studying for the exam. Luckily for me, I tend to be quite good at locking myself down and cramming for hours and days on end. I have found in my last few semesters that this strategy always seems to be my last resort, although I swear at the beginning of each new semester that I will not get behind and end up playing catch-up at the end. My intentions are obviously better than my follow through regarding class work, though. At any rate, I have consistently maintained a GPA within hundredths of a singel point each semester (not counting the semester I took Income Tax, which nearly killed my GPA alone), whether or not I wait until the last minute to get caught up, so perhaps my strategy isn't all bad.

For those of you wondering, the Food & Drug presentation went well, although Kelly P. and I were a bit rushed. The Amstel Kelly brought was a hit against the Ice beer someone else brought, and apparently everyone thought the cake went well with the Amstel. After class, Kelly, John C., and I attended the Women's Caucus action and bid on some interesting items. I won a "dogs and suds" day at Victory Field to watch an Indianapolis Indians game with three friends and a local judge I am very fond of. It should be a fun day this summer, and I'm looking forward to going to an Indians game again. A couple of summers ago, I attended around 15 games in one summer and became a huge fan, but I always went with my ex. Once that ended, so did the games, and I just didn't get myself back to the ballpark at all last year. I love going, though, and honestly can't imagine a more relaxing place to be on a sunny afternoon or warm summer evening. Victory Field is an absolutely fabulous ball park.

Last week was a rough one for me. I'd rather not go into it, but I am hoping this next week is much better.