Sunday, April 24, 2005

*snicker*

So, every time I hit up my blog today and see "turd" front and center on that postcard, I crack up (scroll down to the next post to see the postcard). And it probably won't lose its humor - I'll still be laughing at it tomorrow and the next day. I have such a juvenile sense of humor.

At least it appears that I'm not alone. A couple of my law school girlfriends are also sharing in junior high giggles. Deb posted about how her copyright class was discussing "boat hulls" the other day, which would have made me snicker every time the prof came so very close to uttering every 12-year-old's favorite insult. And Kelly has posted about the similar appearance of our graduation apparel and some velvet purses made to mimic some very intimate female anatomy. And I just laugh and laugh.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that all of us are otherwise completely submersed in black letter law, legal theories, public policy analyses, outlines and notes and and everything else related to studying for final exams that we see humor in such silly places.

Nah. It's just that we still think silly things are really funny!