Friday, April 08, 2005

TGIF

Keeping with being behind in just about every single aspect of my life, here are the Friday Spies from last week, compliments to Heidi and BTQ one week late:

1. Have you ever been in a car wreck?
Yes. A couple of weeks after I got my license, I borrowed my sisters way cool Dodge Charger to go hang out with boys at the high school tennis courts. On the way back toward town (I went to a county school), I took Dead Man's Curve (doesn't every small Indiana town have one of these?) too fast, spun out, and nailed a cement wall. It was, unfortunately, a small abutment next to a cemetary, and there were a few flowers smashed in the grill of the car. That really upset me. No one was hurt, but the car was totalled. My sister was pissed and my dad never recovered his confidence in my ability to drive.

I've had a couple of other minor fender-benders, including one last year. I rear-ended a doctor in a BMW, no less, at Meridian and 86th near downtown Indy. It was raining outside, and I was stopped at a light. The light turned green and I gunned it, but he didn't move as fast as I did. I neglected to tell him that I was also reading the newspaper at the light, too. That little mistake cost about $500, which wasn't bad considering his BMW and all.

2. Sunrise or sunset?
Either. I'm a morning person, and I love to be up before sunrise. However, I'll take a sunset anywhere, anytime, with just about anyone. The prettiest sunsets I've seen were out in Denver, but Indiana sunrises are breathtaking.

3. If you could change, amend, delete, or pass one law, what would it be?
Good grief, this is too broad. I'd like to change, add or delete a whole bunch of laws. First of all, cruelty to animals ought to have much stiffer penalties. And I'd do away with the death penalty. And I think jaywalking ought to be legal, although done at your own risk.

4. What is your favorite single article of clothing?
Pajamas. I also like the aformentioned wife-beater tank top, in white. I love my Indiana sweatshirt, and for work I love my pin stripe suit. I also have this one pair of black pants that I just can't part with, even though they really are getting kind of ratty. I love them.

5. If you could/had to spend the day hanging out with another blogger(one you don't already know), who would it be and what would you do?
I would like to hang with the entire anonymous crew over at Clearly Erroneous someplace hot and sunny, by the ocean, drinking beer. Let's say Mexico. And why? Because they are filthy and funny as hell. I also would love to hang out with E.Spat at WWFFD, and we would definitely go to a Buffett show, again someplace hot and sunny, by the ocean, but drinking margaritas.