Saturday, April 30, 2005

What?

What I'm doing: studying for Monday's Sexual Harassment exam.

What I'm eating: jelly beans left over from Easter. The Peeps are long gone.

What I'm listening to: lawn mowers. What else?

What I'm wearing: my favorite Indiana (pink) sweatshirt, shorts, fuzzy socks and a sunburn. I decided to stand in the tanning booth yesterday and my legs are hot as hell. And don't leave lecturing comments about the perils of tanning. I'm well aware, but I seriously needed a shot of Vitamin D and a seratonin boost, and nothing does it like a 20-minute tan.

What I saw this morning: A massive bubble mountain across the street. Someone (probably high school kids) put some kind of soap/bubbles in the fountain at the entrance to the subdivision across the street from my backyard. When I opened the backdoor this morning, the suds had overflowed the fountain, the landscaping, the yard, and were creeping toward the street. It was a 30-foot-wide, 20-foot tall bubble extravaganza. Brilliant prank, if you ask me.

What I'd rather be doing: Anything but studying, including eating grilled pork chops with my parents and grandparents, who invited me up for dinner, but I declined out of study guilt. I'd also rather be drinking, walking the dog, sleeping, watching TV, poking my eyes out with shrimp forks.

What I'll be doing tomorrow: repeating today.