Sunday, May 15, 2005

Beaches v. Boxing

The Survivor season finale is currently on. So is The Contender. I am damn glad I don't have to study or work tonight so I can flip between channels. My favorite boxer, Alfonso, is going to kick some ass in the re-match, and Tom just won immunity again. WOOHOO! It's a stress-free Sunday night.

The surgery went really well, and I'm hoping it was a success. We won't know for sure until the stitches come out in a couple of weeks. This surgery was by far the easiest one I've had, so thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

Court TV was interesting, as usual. An amusement park manager in Tennessee is on trial, charged with second degree murder for the death of a lady who fell 60 feet to her death from a ride at the park managed by this guy. The prosecution alleges that the manager rigged the safety features on the ride in order to bypass a mandatory check of the safety bar to keep the ride running more frequently. I can not fathom that the state thinks they can prove the "knowingly" requirment of second degree murder. Reckless homicide, maybe. Criminal recklessness, maybe. But murder?

Tribal council and a boxing match call right now. More later.