Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I LOVE THE 80's!!

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers is one of my all-time favorite bands. So are Duran Duran and Dire Straits. Their music never gets old.

"If You Leave" by OMD still reminds me of the first boy that kissed me at my locker in junior high. It reminds me of every man that has ever left me. The entire "Pretty in Pink" soundtrack rocks.

My mom was more excited about the debut of MTV than I was. And she loved Madonna but didn't want me to dress like her. I wanted very much to be her.

Cyndi Lauper's "She Bop" was on one of the first cassette tapes I owned. I thought the song was about dancing.

"Take On Me" by A-Ha was quintessential 80's.

My girlfriends and I used to dance to Paula Abdul's "Straight Up" around the pool in the summer.

I absolutely love Prince. A lot. "Purple Rain" ranks in my top five albums of all time. So does Tom Petty's "Full Moon Fever." Love love love the Prince.

Hair bands kicked ass. Bon Jovi and Poison were my absolute favorites. I saw Jon Bon Jovi in concert with my best friend, and we cried like he was Elvis or something.

80's music rocked.

You scored 75% correct!




You are an 80s expert
You never confuse New Order with the Pet Shop Boys
You know which classical musician Falco rocked
When it comes to 80s music, you Just Can't Get Enough!

How Much Do You Know About 80s Music?