Monday, May 02, 2005

I'm a little teapot...

I got to the school this morning at 7:30am. I am one of those people that uses the computer lab to take my exams. It eliminates the unnecessary stress of worrying about my laptop crashing or messing around with the appropriate secure software. Anyhow, when I have a 9:00am exam, I always get there early before the computer lab opens so I can claim the same computer I have taken nearly all of my exams on, and today was no exception. I am a bit on the obsessive side about where I sit - not just in the lab, but in classrooms, restaurants, meetings, etc. - and I am extremely particular about making sure I am exactly where I am supposed to be when I'm supposed to be there.

So I get my spot, get out my tabbed book, my tabbed outline, my tabbed notes, pen, highlighter, legal pad, disk, tea. I get it all set up, and begin my final review. And then it hits me.

Holy shit, I think this exam is at 1:00pm, not 9:00am. DAMNIT! DAMNIT!!

I hit up the lab techie for the exam master list, and sure enough, Sexual Harassment is scheduled for this afternoon. I had written it in my planner correctly, had signed up for the afternoon exam in the computer lab, and had double-checked the alternate exam date online a couple of days ago. But I just had it stuck in my head all day yesterday and this morning that the exam was at 9:00am.

In my defense, today is the alternate exam date, and I'm using that as my excuse for being a dumbass. Also, I am tired. And tired of studying. And running low on gunner motivation.

You'd think I would have gone straight to the library and taken advantage of my extra 4 hours of studying, but I ran a couple of errands instead and now I'm back at home for awhile. I was ready to take that exam at 9:00am, and I'll be just as ready at 1:00pm.