Monday, May 30, 2005

Perfectly long weekend...

Last week was not right at all. This week should be much better, though. The silver lining is back in action!

First of all, its going to be a four-day week. I love it. Second, I get my stitches from my surgery out Wednesday, which is more exciting than you can imagine. I've been itching to pull them out myself, but that could create some problems. And the best indication that it is a new week: I scored a 70% on a practice Con Law exam I took this morning. WOOHOO!! That is a huge improvement from the 42% I scored the first time around. Having taken Freedom of Speech, Press & Religion last semester has helped me tremendously with this topic Even if I fared as poorly as I suspect I did on the final exam, at least the most important stuff seems to have stuck with me.

In other news, the condo I fell in love with was not meant to be. I had an appointment with the realtor, who I suspected might be a bit shady. He used his name in first person, as in, "Well, maybe Slim Shady will be your new realtor!" He reminded me of a creepy Danny Divito. Anyhow, I had the appointment scheduled for Friday morning. He didn't show up. Finally, the office manager called me 15 minutes late and advised me that the guy had a heart attack the night before. I expressed my condolences and tried not to sound irritated, but then the office manager told me that there were already two offers in on the condo and it would likely sell that afternoon when he met with the seller. Mr. Shady had failed to mention this little fact when I talked to him the night before. Shady, indeed. There will be other condos, other houses. And actually, I am glad that I didn't end up feeling the pressure to make an offer myself. I am not sure I am quite ready. At least not this week.

The weather has been fantastic this weekend. I spent much of Saturday at a horse show up north with my family. It was great fun - horse people are so funny to watch. They are seriously an anal-retentive bunch, always looking around and whispering about everyone else's horses/tack/trailer/outfit. My sister showed one of my dad's horses and a friend's yearling mare. I thought she did fabulous, but she's extremely competitive and not happy unless she's winning everything. My sister certainly knows more about what she's doing than most other competitors. It's quite impressive to see her in action. Anyhow, it was a good time.

The rest of the weekend has been spent on the books. I feel better having gotten so much done, although I realize that the feeling is not likely to last long! If only all weeks could be four days...