Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Slacker

I have two exams left - Alternative Dispute Resolution tomorrow night and Freedom of Speech, Press and Religion on Friday afternoon. At this point, my motivation to study is incredibly low, but that Freedome of SPR final is likely to be difficult AND it is closed-book. Usually I study well at home with few distractions, and the morning started out well with making notecards for case holdings between 6am and 8am. But since about 8:30, I have managed to find anything and everything to do but sit here and learn this material, including cleaning rooms that are already clean, folding a pile of laundry that really doesn't have to be folded, taking Milo for two walks, talking on the phone, doing research on a project for work, going to tan and pick up dry cleaning, getting ice cream at the Marble Slab Creamery, and watching the Showcase Showdown on The Price is Right.

The worst part about it: I feel guilty, but not guilty enough to get off my ass and go to the library where productivity would be forced upon me.