Monday, May 16, 2005

What the hell is larceny again?

Damn. Alfonso lost his fight last night and got eliminated from The Contender. I was disappointed - I had gotten my hopes up that he would win it all and have the fairytale ending for his family, who seem so wonderfully genuine and hard-working. Besides, his accent was hot. So now I'm pulling for Sergio, the Italian Snake. Not as charming as Alfonso, but it would be great to see him win the money for his family, too.

Tom won Survivor and Katie got her ass handed to her at the last tribal council. It was brutal.

JC pointed out this morning that the law school bloggers have been in a bit of a lull since graduation last week. He's right - lack of material, lack of inspiration. I think everyone has taken a deserved mental break. The mental break ended today - the first of the bar reviews began this morning in the form of the six-day PMBR review for the multi-state portion of the wretched exam. And speaking of getting your ass handed to you, I surely did today. Today's topic - one of my very favorites and one I thought I had a basic grasp of: criminal law. Let me just be honest here and say that I scored a 40% on the practice test this morning. A FREAKIN' FORTY PERCENT! I might as well have been taking a calculus exam.

My only consolation was that most of my friends who were willing to share their scores were in the same range. Susan pointed out that if we already knew the material, the outrageous fees for the course couldn't be justified. Excellent point. Also, I did no review last night because I wanted to test exactly where I am with the material going in cold. Well, that and I preferred vegging in front of the TV enjoying the last of my painkillers to busting out the PMBR books. At any rate, I felt much better after the afternoon lecture on criminal law and procedure. There sure are a bazillion nuances in those pesky multiple choice questions. Our lecturer keeps my attention and seems to know what she's talking about. She's perky enough to get on my nerves, but I kind of appreciate her optimism.

Bar review is officially ON.