Sunday, July 17, 2005

Let's make a deal

Late last night I was channel surfing before bed. I usually flip right over the three home shopping network channels, but last night I couldn't get by without noticing these fabulous handbags - totes and matching wristlets and all-weather barrels, all in great colors - and the name "Dooney & Bourke" across the screen. You've got to be kidding - QVC was selling Dooney & Bourke bags for pennies, and I loooove handbags of all kinds! I love a good deal even more. I sat up in bed, adjusted my glasses, and started looking around for my wallet. I exhibited amazing restraint, though. Who needs to be buying handbags from the TV at 10pm on a Saturday night? Shallow, I know. I do love the bags, though. I promised myself I'd get one when I pass the bar. When...

Anyhow, it must be a good deal weekend around here because I just booked a room at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis downtown for a mere $63/night for next week's bar exam, which is about one quarter what the rooms normally cost. I gambled on waiting until the last minute, hoping that Hotwire or Priceline would have a good deal on remaining rooms, and I won this hand with Hotwire. I feel lucky today. Maybe I should go check QVC again...