Friday, July 01, 2005

Poor little thing

I'm going on record to say that I don't feel the least bit concerned about Katie Holmes and the weird hold Tom Cruise has over her. In fact, I find it mildly entertaining in light of how boring my life currently is.

Let's see - she's a gorgeous, rich 26-year old woman. He's a gorgeous, rich mega-star. I'm supposed to feel sorry for these people? Or worry about them? I don't think so. Katie Holmes is old enough to make her own decisions and judgments when it comes to men. Clearly, she can see what a complete whack-job he is. Maybe she really has fallen in love. Or maybe she's just giddy and star-struck. So what if he's a Scientologist freak? So what if he's converted her or brainwashed her or scouted potential starlet victims prior to Katie? Personally, I find him very creepy and intense and arrogant and short, but she's a grown woman. Maybe she likes him.

Seriously, folks. I've fallen for worse than Tom Cruise in my life. I once dated a guy that thought McDonald's was the work of the devil (okay, that might have been a valid opinion, but the guy has never eaten a Big Mac), sat in front of a light box every night to ward off depression, bleached every surface in the kitchen after each use, and very nearly converted me to the Catholic faith. As creepy as he is, if Tom Cruise wanted to sweep me off my feet on that motorcycle of his, I too might have gone along for the ride. For a minute, anyway.