Sunday, July 24, 2005

Retail therapy

Instead of going to church this morning, I went shopping at Target, which promptly opened at 8am for me. I hope God forgives me for skipping out, and I am considering putting an equal amount of $$ in the offering next Sunday as I spent at Target this morning just to be on the safe side. Hopefully my good intentions will get to Heaven before the Law Examiners get my essays.

My inspiration to go shopping was twofold: 1) I need a watch so I don't lose track of time during the exam, and 2) I couldn't figure out if you get your 25k spousal allowance even if you signed a prenup. If you know, please tell me.

At any rate, I now have a working watch. Actually, I had a working watch, a very nice gold one. But it was a gift from my ex, and I stopped wearing it some time ago. Then I got used to using my cell phone or computer as a time-keeper. When I dug out the gold watch, it apparently had stopped working, just like my marriage. Funny how that happens. Anyhow, I am not about to find a battery for it at this point. So, I've got a brand spanking new pink Timex with clear numbers for less than 20 bucks. Again, I love a good deal.

Unfortunately, I also bought:
* Dishtowels - they were on sale for $1 each. You can never have enough good towels in the kitchen.
* Scrubby sponges - also on sale. That $1 aisle gets me every time.
* Something for Milo, of course.
* A new bathrobe - it was linen and pretty, but not on sale.
* A new lipgloss
* A candle
* Contact solution
* Gum

So much for getting a good deal on the watch, huh. In my defense, I did put a lot of things back, and I avoided the home interiors section all together. And now I feel a little bit better.