Monday, August 22, 2005

Get what done?

I don't care for the phrase "get 'er done!" Not that I don't find lots of humor in jokes about mullets, trashy women, trailer parks and pick up trucks, or road kill that bites off your nipple - I do. I grew up next to a family that defines "hillbilly" in every possible way. The brothers were named Joe Buck and Buzz, the father was a spitting image of Hank Williams, Jr., the mother carried her oxygen tank in one hand and a lit cigarett in the other, the truck bed in the front yard filled was filled with empty beer cans, the kitchen always had Ho-Ho's and hot dogs, and there were always a couple of hound dogs underfoot. I was close friends with the daughter, who surprisingly never became the topless dancer her family thought she could be, and we laughed at the madness all the time.

Anyhow, "get 'er done" just makes me kind of cringe.

Ron White, on the other hand, is one funny dude.