Sunday, November 13, 2005

Funny how that happens

When I don't go out shaking my bon-bon and partying with my friends on the weekends, it is truly amazing how productive I can be on Saturday and Sunday mornings. I surprise myself. For example, two Sundays ago, I rolled around on my couch with a puffy blanket and a bottle of water, watching "Sixteen Candles" until noon. I had been out the night before dancing at Lulu's with Kelly. Last Sunday, I slept all morning and spent the rest of the day swearing I'd never drink martinis again. I had been out the night before dancing at the Grille with AJ.

This morning, I have already taken Milo on a mile walk around the lake across the street, read the paper, made my bed, brushed my teeth, checked e-mail and blogs, worked through a stack of medical bills from a client's file, and now I'm off to the grocery store and Walmart. It's not 8am yet, but I've got plans to make something with puff pastry today.