Monday, November 21, 2005

Nobody puts Baby in a corner

I met a very attractive, successful man a couple of weeks ago. We totally hit it off, and at his request, I gave him my business card with my cell phone number on the back. Although he seemed genuinely interested in going out, and he spoke highly about me to the people I was with, I did not hear from him.

Until this morning, that is. I got an e-mail from him in my work inbox apologizing for not calling, assuring me that he really would like to see me again, excusing himself for being busy, etc.

And then, the kicker at the end of the e-mail: Mr. Wonderful requested advice on how to proceed with his divorce. Smooth move, jackass. I replied that my advice was to find another date and another attorney because I don't date lying cheating bastards and I don't do divorces.