Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I met her in a hotel lobby...

I started off the day to Prince's Purple Rain, but now I've moved onto Puccini's Madame Butterfly. I removed Purple Rain after one of the more conservative partners stopped in my office during "Darling Nikki" and I had to scramble to turn it down before he heard what a major sex fiend Nikki was. So now we've got tragic opera, which is more appropriate in part because no one knows if they are singing about grinding sex or not.
___________________________________________________

My friend, Robert, is taking a final exam today on Middle Eastern politics. I sent him a text message this morning wishing him good luck. My words of wisdom were, "Don't confuse the Gaza Strip with the last gentleman's club you visited."
____________________________________________________

I have two tins of butter cookies, a box of truffles, and a bag of candies on my desk right now. Additionally, the office breakroom is piled high with an assortment of holiday treats, including 3 boxes of cookies and a couple of fruit baskets, mostly from corporate clients. The season of snacking gluttony has to stop. I absolutely appreciate the gestures of kindness and appreciation, but I suggested this morning that we take some of what we have been given across the street to the Wheeler Mission for people who haven't snacked their way through 3 cheeseballs already this week.
____________________________________________________

And finally, my door is closed because I really don't want to help anyone write a brief that is due to be filed by Friday. I'm all for the team effort, but the person trying to find assistance with the research always waits until the very last minute, and I've bailed him out before. 'Tis the season for me to get my own work done by Friday.