Thursday, December 15, 2005

I was dreamin' when I wrote this, so sue me if I go 2 fast

Yesterday, I argued my first oral argument on a motion for summary judgment in the morning, and I can tell you it was nothing like Moot Court. To say there was an "argument" would be an overstatement. In the afternoon, I defended depositions on my own for the first time. While I was "prepared" for both, I actually just pretended to know what I was doing. As far as I can tell, I didn't screw anything up beyond repair, and most of my objections were appropriate and warranted. Someone at the firm might have an issue with my on-the-record comments about my opposing counsel's hideous tie. His attitude was even worse, but I'd already objected to that.

I can't believe they license us and let us out in the legal world to wreak the havoc that we do. Really...
___________________________________________________

Several of the people at my firm are currently participating in the "Secret Santa"game. I opted out this year because I didn't feel like walking the Wal-mart aisles looking for $5 gifts. My good friend, T, threw her name into the hat. So she comes into my office the other day and says, "Apparently my Secret Santa does not know that I am Jewish. She got me a Christmas tree ornament." I said, "T, you're playing Secret Santa and you're Jewish. Shut up about the ornament."
______________________________________________________

I was late to work this morning because I couldn't find the shoes I planned on wearing. I had to change my entire outfit because I could only find one shoe in the closet. When I got home today, I found the other shoe outside on the patio next to one of Milo's dog bones. This has got to stop.
________________________________________________________

I opened a can of worms this week, and as a result, I am meeting up tomorrow afternoon with a guy I dated in my early twenties. I haven't seen him since 1999. He used to make me laugh like no one else could. Should be interesting.