Friday, December 02, 2005

"Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas, Merry Chris..kiss my ass. Kiss his ass. Kiss your ass. Happy Hanukkah." Clark Griswold

My firm's holiday party is today at Jillians. It starts at 11:00am. ELEVEN A.M., folks! As I type this, there are Mimosas being served in the breakroom. I'm not even done with my morning latte! The party lasts all day, usually wrapping up around 7:00pm with the die-hard party people moving on to some other bar to get their schwerve on. Yeah, this firm does not do the traditional black-tie, sit-down stuffy holiday dinner party where the partners make year-end speeches and hand out gift cards for a honey ham. We drink beer and eat great food and play foozball and make fun of each other and haze the new people by making them give the speeches. I love it.