Monday, December 12, 2005

So much to blog about, so little time...

The past few days have been absolutely nuts. Last Thursday, I told Kelly that I didn't think the four to seven inches of snow headed our way was anything to get all excited about. Yeah, I was wrong. That seven plus inches we received here in Indy ended up being a royal pain. I took Friday off work to run errands, but did not accomplish all I set out to do. After having a hair crisis and a near meltdown at some new janky salon I decided to try (my regular salon is out of commission due to a horrific fire last week) and some not-so-nice words with the idiots at the BMV (registering my new car cost three times what I expected), I just wasn't up for battling the crowds at the mall in order to get started (yes, started) on my holiday shopping. I've got some serious catching up to do this week!

Luckily, the weekend ended on a high note. I took in the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra's Yuletide Celebration yesterday afternoon with my family. It was an amazing production - the music was phenomenal, the dancing was excellent (the tap-dancing Santas were adorable), the costumes were fabulous, and Sandy Patty did an wonderful job as host, including a moving duet with her husband. If you're in the neighborhood and you can get tickets, this show is absolutely worth seeing!