Monday, December 19, 2005

You may be right, I may be crazy. But it just may be a lunatic you're lookin' for.

I got up around 4:30am to let the dog out. I scooped up some tissues, and empty water bottle, and a half-eaten bag of popcorn off my nightstand, and tossed it all into the kitchen trash. Apparently, I scooped up my cell phone as well. As I was getting ready to leave this morning, I couldn't find the damn thing. I looked everywhere - under the sofa, behind the bed, in my car. No cell phone. Just as I was about to give up, the kitchen trash started singing Billy Joel, which was much more entertaining than if the trash can had just started ringing.

This whole episode reminded me of Kelly, who has an uncanny knack for losing and/or dropping her cell phone in the most unusual of places.