Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I loved the original Mr. Big

This CD is a must-have. I just saw it advertised on TV, and I jumped out of bed to see if I could order it online, which, of course, I can and did. This is no impulse buy like the time I saw those Dooney & Bourke bags on QVC for a really great price. This is the Platinum Edition of Monster Balads, with great 80s hits such as Heaven by Warrant, When I See you Smile by Bad English, Is This Love by Whitesnake, Forever by Kiss, Honestly by Stryper, and my three Platinum Edition favorites, When I'm With You by Sheriff, Silent Lucidity by Queensryche, and To Be With You by Mr. Big. The only thing that's missing is I'll Be There For You by Bon Jovi.

This music was high school dances, riding down the hometown strip in the backseat of my sister's Dodge Charger, wearing acid-wash jeans, fringed jean jacket, teased hair and slouch boots, listening to Poison's Talk Dirty to Me and thinking the song really was dirty, and having a major crush on resident badboy with a motorcycle, Tony Winger. When I was fifteen, I loved this stuff. I loved the original Mr. Big.