Saturday, January 14, 2006

Just when the day was feeling rather gloomy...

* On my way downtown, I drove through Starbucks in an effort to wake myself up a bit. I gave the man at the drive through my business card for their free latte drawing. He looked at it, looked at me, and said, "Miss, you look too young to be an attorney. Is this for real?"

* On my way into the office, I saw a young man with two little boys. The boys were playing in the revolving door, and laughing with glee like the door was the world's greatest thing ever. Their giggles cracked me up, and I told their father that I wished we all found so much enjoyment in little things like revolving doors.

* AJ sent me a couple of new CDs at work this week, and I just popped in James Blunt's "Back to Bedlam" for the first time. I'm on song 3, and I already love this music. It's original and beautiful, and there's nothing like a sweet girlfriend gift to make a gloomy morning feel a whole lot better. Thanks, AJ.