Monday, January 30, 2006

Make a better life for yourself by stealing office supplies

My other favorite associate decided to leave the firm last week. He's a brilliant guy who had a solo practice prior to joining the firm. He realized that the firm culture didn't suit him so well (i.e., he didn't play well with the partners), so he's off to hang out his own shingle once again. I'm sure he'll be happier and more successful on his own. He's that kind of guy.

I had hoped that he would come in over the weekend and clean out his office. It's not that I want him to beat a hasty retreat - I don't, necessarily. I just want first access to his office so I can steal all the leftover office supplies before someone else gets the jump on me. A good stapler goes for a premium price around here, and I think he's leaving his computer stand, too.