Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Same bat channel, same bat time

Last year, I watched the State of the Union address without sound.

I should be doing the same this year so as not to get all riled up. But the volume is on, and GW's pronunciation seems to be on fire tonight. He got through "rigorous" without falter but has yet to take on "nuclear."

Not that this address is any more interesting than last year's, I might add. I looked up when he said "OBGYN," but I had already missed the point, having gotten caught up in a blog post about Pamela Anderson and Kanye West.

I support our President, but these SOTU addresses don't mean squat to me, though I watch every year. He's got good sound bites, but I'm not buying the Iraq war, no matter how hard he tries to sell it at a bargain. I was pleased that he recognized Sandra Day O'Connor, but then he launched into his disdain against "unethical science," lumping cloning and stem cell research into one sentence.

Yeah, stop yourself, George. Have a drink and take a load off.