Thursday, February 23, 2006

Don't quote me

This morning:
Paralegal: Do you have her file?
Amanda: Um, no. Well, I have part of her file on my desk. Wait, I don’t think I have her file. Um, yeah, no.
Paralegal: So do you have it or not?
Amanda: Damn, I don't know. Who's file is it again?

Overheard at lunch from a young female attorney:
"Well, that was right before he touched my cooter..." I didn't know "cooter" was back in vogue. Not very classy, but lots of fun to say.

A fresh perspective on my job:
"And remember, somewhere in the world right now, a person is wearing a rubber glove that goes up to their shoulder, and they are spending their entire day inseminating cows. You aren’t that person." So true.

My advice for today:
Being late to work because you were trying to fit all your items from a tote bag into a cute pink purse is not an excuse you should use with the managing partner.