Monday, February 06, 2006

Happy Birthday, Aquarius!

Aquarius
The Water Carrier
January 21 to February 19

Traditional Aquarian Traits
Friendly and humanitarian
Honest and loyal
Original and inventive
Independent and intellectual

On the dark side....
Intractable and contrary
Perverse and unpredictable
Unemotional and detached

LIKES
Fighting for Causes
Dreaming and Planning for the Future
Thinking of the Past
Good Companions
Having Fun


DISLIKES
Full of Air Promises
Excessive Loneliness
The Ordinary
Imitations
Idealistic

I don't put too much stock in atstrology, but for what it's worth, my personality does tend to be more Aquarian than say, Aries or Libra. I'd like to think I'm friendly and loyal and independent. I'm not particularly inventive, though. As for my dark side, I'll agree that I can be contrary and unpredictable and even a bit perverse, but I'm hardly unemotional, especially these days. I love fighting for causes, and my friends mean the world to me. And I don't like empty promises or imitations.

This past year has been one of my better years. Even though I miss the carefree, wild days of my 20s, I prefer my 30s. I appreciate the self-awareness and maturity that comes with being 30-something, though I'm not always a shining example of either characteristic. But I am at a good place in my life, so turning 33 today is not such a bad thing.

I hope I still feel the same way 10 years from now.