Monday, March 13, 2006

Liquid crack

I made a calculated risk this morning in trying to beat the downpour of rain to my office, knowing that I didn't have an umbrella in my car. If I stopped at Starbucks, I could be screwed and get caught in the storm. On the other hand, if I didn't stop at Starbucks, I would spend the better part of the morning wishing I would have. I didn't sleep well last night, and I'm dragging this morning. I could use a little help on this Monday.

So being the risk-taker that I am, I pulled into line at the Starbucks. I got my latte (iced with an extra shot of expresso) and started back on Fall Creek to work. And of course, as luck would have it, the rain started falling in big fat splatters on my windshield. Great. Well, I'm having a horrible hair day anyway - the rain can't really make it much worse. And at least I have my latte.

As I drove like a maniac down Pennsylvania, the clouds broke just a little and the rain stopped. I pulled into the parking lot and got myself into my office before the rain started again.

My lucky day.