Sunday, April 30, 2006

'Cause I'll be rockin' this party eight days a week

I am in discovery hell this weekend. I hate discovery. I hate discovery more than I hate moths. I would rather eat moths than finish this discovery.

And because of (or in spite of) my current state of discovery hell, I am still sitting squarely at 18%. I have not found a new cause, called my grandma, given any money, or gone to church. On the other hand, I have been nice (relatively, I think), have not killed any bugs, have acted unselfishly (I let Milo sleep in the middle of the bed this morning) and have given myself a healthy dose of reality and moral consideration.

At any rate, I'm considering getting an iPod Nano this afternoon. I went over to Kelly's last night (for some lounging on her fabulous new patio furniture, pinot grigio, and mutual commiseration over discovery hell), and her T got one for her 15th birthday. T was listening to Nirvana's "Come As You Are" and she shared her earbud with me. I started to tell her the story about how much I loved Nirvana when I was in college and that I was sitting outside of Ben & Jerry's in the Village on free-ice cream-day when some kid on a skateboard told us that Kurt Cobain had committed suicide. T stopped me and said, "Yeah, Amanda, you've told me this story like three times already." Oh. Well. You'll have that.

I wonder if the Nanos come in pink.