Thursday, April 27, 2006

Girl, you know it's true

For the most part, I consider myself decent human being. I'm compassionate, giving, and usually very loving to my fellow mankind.

However, I am quite aware that I'm a truly awful person about 18% of the time. I don't know how that compares to everyone else's number on the truly-awful-going-to-Hell-scale. Maybe 18% isn't all that bad, but I'm thinking I ought to work on getting my number down closer to 10%.

Some things I can do to decrease my truly awful percentage:
* Cut back on being snarky (not fun, but probably necessary)
* Remember my morals and stick to them
* Stop killing spiders and moths
* Get my ass out of bed and go to church on Sundays, consistently
* Try to be less selfish and demanding and insistent about getting my way
* Find a new cause I am passionate about and volunteer my time
* Be nicer to people I don't like, including my neighbor and his wretched girlfriend
* Call my grandmother at least once a week, except during Wheel of Fortune
* Be more patient (this will be a true test for me)
* Start being more honest with myself (because I prefer to live in my own bubble of reality)
* Give an equal amount of money to the Humane Society as I spend on shoes this year

I'm open to more suggestions.

Just being honest with myself this morning, folks.