Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Last evidence of destruction and working-from-home perks



Blogging has been light with the work chaos and without consistent access to the internet. We moved into temporary office space yesterday (still no phones or server/internet), which has, for the most part, brought about the end to working from home. However, we found out today that the building/city Powers That Be might let us back into our offices permanently (and while construction continues on the floors above us) by the end of next week. I can only hope! I still have not been in my office and am missing out on getting work done. I know that once I return, I will be busier than ever trying to catch up. In the meantime, the firm has worked really hard to keep things up and running.

Some more fun noteworthies from this past week:

* Plumber's Crack is not attractive. I appreciate the fact that you are fixing the pipe in our temp office so that we may have water/coffee/drainage, but please remember to wear some underwear that actually fit you next time. Or jeans with a belt. I don't want to see your ass while I'm trying to fix my sore throat with some green tea and honey. On the other hand, your ass was kinda cute.

* Decorating my patio into living space has become a bit of an obsession with me since the weather turned warm. I love to be outside. This weekend, I bought some fun chairs, table, planters and stands, but I was disappointed that the flats of flowers weren't out yet. And then, driving home this afternoon, I saw flowers being delivered to the local hardware/garden store. The flowers look like they have weathered the storms we've been through lately, and they need a little help. So I ended up leaving with a trunk-load and backseat-full of flowers, hanging baskets, two huge bags of potting soil, and coconut shell windchimes. A little love and MiracleGrow should easily transform what was a large empty patio into the peaceful, colorful garden of prettiness I always knew it could be.

* Favorite lyrics of the week: Right now, she's probably saying "I'm drunk"and he's a thinking that he's gonna get lucky. Right now, he's probably dabbing on 3 dollars worth of that bathroom cologne...

* I am the proud new owner of a pale pink straw cowboy hat.

* Milo has a new game: As soon as I turn on the shower in the morning, he bares his teeth and barks like a rabid dog, acting as if he might bite my ankles if I actually step into the bathtub. I have no idea where this comes from. I don't think I want to know.

* I am finally reading The Da Vinci Code. Interesting. Great read.

* I am behind on responding to e-mails. So if I haven't responded to the most hilarious customized chimpanzee-speaking messages sent my way, it isn't because I didn't appreciate it or laugh my ass off.

That's about all. A week in the life...