Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Gone for a week, and this is all I got

My co-workers are the loudest people I have ever worked with. I routinely close my door because I cannot deal with the loudness. Generally, I don't like loud noise. Specifically, having loud around me all day makes me bitchy. There are very few scenarios that require speaking at the decible level of a televangelist with a broken microphone, and work is not one of those scenarios. Really. I don't need to know about your hearing, your client's child custody arrangement, your deadlines, your stupid cat's hairball, or the broken printer in the mail room.

You know what else makes me bitchy? Senior associates.

On a lighter note, I just ate the best salad ever from the downstairs cafeteria. What made it so great? The red pepper/sunflower seed combo. And it was $3.50.

I fully intend on leaving promptly at 4:45pm today. I might even leave earlier. That'll show those loud talkers.