Friday, May 05, 2006

Learning to fly

Rising tides lift all boats. So when someone close to you experiences a windfall or especially good luck, dear Aquarius, the ripple effect reaches you. Change is in the air. And while everything that is happening is positive, sometimes you feel as though it is occurring too fast. You feel a bit off-balance, with little or no time to adjust. Even windfalls take some time to get used to. Give yourself time to settle in to your new circumstances.

This morning's horoscope is interesting in light of my feelings of being off-balance this week. I'm not sure about the windfall aspect, though a couple of my friends have been extraordinarily lucky recently. And I feel like I've had enough change lately, thank you very much. On the other hand, some things about my lifestyle could use a positive-change-overhaul. Yeah, I'm working on it.

TR and I are going to walk the Mini Marathon tomorrow morning, which should be highly entertaining. I decided to do it yesterday afternoon. I have not trained at all, unless you count walking Milo around the lake a few times a week "training." I am pretty sure I might either die at about mile 9 or end up on the slow bus for losers, but I'm going to give it my best shot. Surely I can walk 13.5 miles, even if it almost kills me, right? And besides, it should be a motivator for getting my ass in better shape this summer. Kelly registered for the event, but since she is going to be locked in her office all weekend preparing for trial, she offered her spot to me. When I'm about to pass out at mile 9, I will keep on walkin' for Kelly, who will be stuck in trial prep hell, which is not as bad as discovery hell but certainly more stressful.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!