Monday, May 15, 2006

People need people, Steve. It has nothing to do with sex. OK, maybe 40 percent. 60 percent. Forget it.*

Top ten (current) reasons why having a guy around on a consistent (semi-consistent would suffice just fine) basis would help me out:

10. My closet light is burned out. I cannot reach the light fixture by standing on a chair. I am certain to wear brown shoes with black pants any day now.
9. I don't know how to drive a standard stick shift. I would like to learn so that I can drive my car like a maniac down Keystone Avenue along with the rest of the maniacs.
8. I don't get asked out to "couples events" by my married friends, not that I wanted to go to that Murder Mystery dinner party in the first place.
7. Occasionally, I would like to wake up to something less stinky than Milo's breath.
6. None of my girlfriends watch ESPN, and I've long since forgotten when Baseball Tonight is on since I'm usually watching E! without anyone reminding me that there's more to life than Brangelina.
5. We could make fun of those repulsive eHarmony commercials together.
4. I could replace that standard black & white photo of some random hot guy placed by the manufacturer in my photo collage. I could stop pretending I know who he is.
3. Sometimes I like to wear a guy's flannel pj bottoms at the end of the day and then claim them as my own.
2. Girls don't usually appreciate my Beavis & Butthead references nearly as much as guys do.
1. Men have tools that I find attractive.

* From Singles. Alternate post title: Fish without a bicycle, my ass.