Saturday, June 10, 2006

It's raining more than men out there

I'm at the office today, which is not noteworthy. What is noteworthy is the Indy Pride Festival and Parade going on in the park just to the north of my building. Trying to get to the office this morning was a bit of a nightmare with the street closings, but I did get to see some pretty interesting sights, i.e. two very hot young men in spandex rainbow-striped boyshorts (and nothing else) dancing on a float and a trio of colorful unicyclists carrying gay pride signs. The festival appears to be in full swing now that the weather has cleared. I am currently listening to "It's Raining Men" (hallelujah!) for at least the third time through my 14th floor window as I type this post. Apparently, RuPaul is headlining, though I have been unable to spot him/her from up here.

Hopefully the rain will hold out for the rest of the afternoon. Looks like they're having a blast down there. Besides, I do like that song, and it goes just fine with drafting motions and pleadings.

UPDATE: The volume of the festival is now at an all-time loud. It is so loud that the plastic covers of my overhead flourescent lights are rattling with the bass beat of some crapola music. I'm all for loud and proud, but this is getting ridiculous. It sounds like a Rave going on in the conference room next to my office.