Saturday, July 29, 2006

Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been

I just spent the last few minutes reviewing a very lengthy and detailed list of property lost from a 1970's Winnebago that was destroyed (and I mean destroyed) in a collision. The sheer size of the list alone is noteworthy (4 pages, single-spaced), but some of the items on the list are ... well, interesting:

* 20 bungy cords
* George Foreman electric grill
* portable commode
* vacuum sweeper
* bag of sponges
* 40 foot sewer hose
* goop glue
* purple comforter
* Bugle Boy dress pants
* Dave Mathews concert shirt
* steer horns
* 2 ron jon hats
* 2 smokeless ashtrays
* Reader's Digest books
* stacy's contacts
* extra big cooler

I have never seen the driver of this vehicle, but I can just imagine him with the Bugle Boys, concert t-shirt and ron jon hat, smokeless ashtrays and bags of sponges. What I really want to know is whether those steer horns were affixed to the front grill of the Winnebago because that would be really cool.