Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What's in your bag?

At some point in their lives, most people (okay, most drinking-kind-of-people) have kept, stored, carried, or hid some kind of stash in a purple felt Crown Royal bag with the gold drawstring. One of my girlfriends once had her grandma sew her a pair of pajama bottoms from the bags she collected, and Tiff still wears them to this day. There are so many creative uses for the purple bags, even the Crown Royal website took note.

Items that travel nicely in the Crown Royal bag include*: card money, marbles, GI Joe parts and Barbie parts, fireworks, make-up, dog bones, cards and pictures you can't throw away from your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend, highlighters and other school supplies, tobacco products, non-tobacco products and accoutrements, fishing tackle, dice and playing cards, condoms, beach supplies, miscellaneous crap from the bottom of all other bags, etc. * These items are not necessarily items that I myself have kept in bags, but rather items that have been suggested to travel well by others. Clearly, I don't keep GI Joe parts in my bags.

I recently discovered a new use for the little royal purple drawstring bag. I'm not much of a Crown drinker anymore, but I had a bag tucked in the catch-all drawer in my kitchen that came in very handy when nothing else seemed to do the trick. Perfect!

So, what's in your bag?