Saturday, September 23, 2006

Laughing like children, living like lovers

I have the blues this morning. I thought it was rainy-morning-gloomies when I woke up, but now that it is nearly 11am, I've determined that I've definitely contracted a very severe case of the blues. Grrr... I hate that. And its not helping my damn motivation, either. I was out of town/out of office yesterday, and I have a shitload of work to catch up on today. I finally tumbled out of bed around 8:30am, took the longest shower ever, threw on a baseball hat and sweatshirt and headed downtown. I've been at the office now for nearly an hour, and I have yet to bill one single minute. In fact, this is what I've done:

1. enter office, turn on light, groan at pile of crap in my chair.
2. push pile of crap onto the floor.
2. grab mail from mailbox and make pot of coffee.
3. open mail, get mad at an order granting ALL the defendants motions in limine (over my strenuous objections last week), get stressed out at multi-district litigation notices on cases that aren't even mine, start worrying about pile of crap on the floor.
4. turn on computer. check e-mail. answer all personal e-mails, save business e-mails for later.
5. find tunes appropriate for the blues. pick Darden Smith.
6. check blogs. respond to more e-mail.
7. realize moody tunes are not helping. change tunes to Santana.
8. take a personal phone call.
9. get more coffee.
10. step over stressful pile of crap on the floor.
11. start this post.

Yep. This sucks. I've gotta snap out of it and get busy here. Lucky for me, the blues never last long, so I should be fine by tomorrow. Or so I hope.