Tuesday, October 03, 2006

You are not ready, grasshopper.

Milo is currently on the patio trying unsuccessfully to catch a grasshopper. So very cute, but there's no way Milo is going to catch that thing.

I had some depositions in northern Indiana this morning. I got back to Indy awhile ago, but opted out of returning to the office downtown. The deposition was difficult, and quite frankly I'm feeling a bit burned out today. So instead, I hit the gym for a workout, where I encountered one of those men that lives to lift weights. Ugh. But while I plodded along on the treadmill, I got a good view of some serious muscle flexing, gung-ho push-ups, and amateur boxing moves. I decided that was a better show than anything I would have encountered at the office, and it made the workout a little less boring.

No doubt I've got lots of work to do. I've got a trial most likely starting in two weeks (unless the case before us doesn't settle, but I've been told it probably will), and the feelings of panic and uncertainty have set in. Trial prep has been a great experience, but proving the case to a jury is a whole different story. Sigh.

The leaves are changing, I love October, and regardless of the outcome of the trial, it is going to be a good month. As a segue to fall, I posted some of my favorite fun pictures from this past summer below.